Monday, December 14, 2015

Appalachia (Pike County, Ohio)

Appalachia

Pike County Ohio is considered part of the
North Central region of the Appalachia.

Poverty is high.....

Jobs are scarce.....

My mother's family is from Eastern Kentucky.
My grandmother moved to Pike County, married my grandfather, and had a family.
When my mother was born there wasn't running water.
They had an outhouse.

They went to the woods to play......

My folks moved back down home and live on the original property where my mother grew up.

I recently visited and took a short drive to visit my aunt.

It is beautiful country.
Scattered among regular homes you can still view scenes of struggle.

My aunt lives 18 miles from my folks.

Here are a few captures from the drive there and back.

Ricoh GR ii
















No comments:

Post a Comment